"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Monday, August 2, 2010

Cruise...part 2

We get to our table, sit down and  introduce ourselves to everyone, I knew right away that we were going to have a fun table. I start to look over the menu and Jami says "Hey April that table over there is full of really cute guys." Right as she is saying these words to me one of the guys from that table looks over and totally hears the rest of what she says. He says "Hey do you want to come over and sit with us?" She jumped right up and went over there. Yeah...she ditched me...it wasn't the only time that happened...I got used to it after a while :) So I moved over to her seat and started getting to know everyone at our table: Justin from Farmington, 28, never married; Gueller (goes by his last name) from St. George, 28, never married; Dan from Provo, 32, never married; and last but certainly not least Kathy from San Diego, didn't ask her age, divorced with 5 kids.

I have to say that the food options on the cruise were AMAZING!!!  It was really hard to pick which one I wanted to eat that night and I am not going to bore you with the details of my meals but I will tell you this...If you ever go on a Carnival cruise you absolutely have to order the WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE for dessert!!!!! I have not had anything like that before and now it is hard to eat regular cakes because that one was so good, it was so good in fact that I had it every night for dinner!!!! :) 

After dinner we found out where the guys were staying and surprisingly they weren't that far from our room. We hung out with them for a little while and then headed off to our room, we were beat from our day of traveling. 

Sunday morning we totally slept in until 10am!!! That was the good thing about our room not having a window, we could sleep in as long as we wanted. We quickly realized that we had missed the Book of Mormon classes that morning so we got into our swim suits and decided to hit the Lido Deck and go work on our tans. Now most of you know that I am a red head, all of my life I have tried to tan and much to my dismay I can't do it, I burn and then become white again. So I guess I should say that Jami worked on her tan I worked on my burn. We got to the very top of the ship and the view of the ocean was totally breath taking!! We were just enjoying ourselves when who should walk up the steps...yep our boys from dinner. We invited them to lay out with us and then another guy (who we nicknamed Handsome Rob) comes up and joins us. It was so much fun those guys are hilarious and really Handsome Rob was way more tan than the rest of us, I was pretty jealous. 


That night for dinner was the formal dinner night. After we were done laying out we went to our room to spend a couple of hours getting ready. Yes we really took that long, looking as good as we did takes some time to do. I think the last time I dressed up like that was for my wedding and I thought it was so much fun!! Everyone there was decked out, it was so great to see all the different dresses. After dinner we decided to go do some karaoke. I decided I would sing and everyone at my table wanted to cheer me on. The song I chose probably shouldn't be sung on a cruise ship for fear of jinxing the ship but I sang it anyways...My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion...yep I sang it. It was really fun having my own fans out in the crowd after that I decided that I would sing again another night but try to convince other people to sing with me. 


That night was probably one of the most fun nights on the ship. We went to the guy's room and hung out there for several hours. Justin put on his snorkeling equipment and then he stuck a flashlight in his face and we took oh...several million pics of it...I guess pretty much everything is funny after midnight. After we were done we went back to our cabin to crash because we had to be up bright and early for our first shore day on Monday morning...a city tour of Cabo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment