"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My "not a date" date

Ok so there was this guy online that I thought was pretty dang cute and he lived close to me. I checked out his profile and pictures and kinda left it alone...mostly because I am old fashioned and I think that guys need to approach the girls, plus I don't have the confidence to put myself out there like that. About 2 months later I noticed that he has viewed my profile 10 times and has even book marked my page and I thought what the heck obviously he sees something he likes but why won't the guy talk to me!?! Then I thought well maybe he is shy like me so I cut him a little slack so I sent him a message and guess what...the dang guy never responded!!!!

Not long later I went to a planning group for the mid-singles out here. I was nervous about going but I felt like I should be there to help plan and make the best out of this being single thing. I showed up and once again I didn't know anyone there. We had a great time getting divided up into committees...I joined the single parents planning committee. The next day I got on facebook and I had a new friend request...it was from him!!! I am going to call him my LC2. I was shocked and pretty excited that LC2 wanted to be my friend but a little puzzled on how he found me on facebook without knowing my name. I went and found Joy immediately and show him to her and she was way excited. It is kinda weird though because he could be Joy's Clint's twin! So Joy of course put her stamp of approval on him she said "April you have my approval...he gets my vote!" Clint gets home a little while later and we show him LC2 and he said "No way April that would be really weird, plus anytime he came over Joy might get confused on which one of us is her husband!!"

I did the only logical thing and accepted his friend request and of course went through his pics. He definitely was the guy online, he has 2 BEAUTIFUL little girls and he is extremely handy and talented. I asked Joy and Clint for some advice and they both said "message him April he is obviously interested in you." So I did and it basically said...Hi I am April and you have no idea who I am but my cousin loves your work and would love to get some prices. Yeah kinda dorky but I wasn't going to say Hi I am April and why are you stalking me!! He responded and he said of course I know you we have met before!! Uh-oh...how could I have met him and not remembered I racked my brain and couldn't come up with anything. So I responded " believe me if we would've met I would remember it!". Then his response was "well maybe we should meet officially sometime!" So I conspired with Joy and Clint and we decided to meet him for lunch at a place we have been wanting to try...5 guys burgers and fries (I thoroughly recommend it!!). He agreed and the not a date date was set!!!

The day arrived and I was nervous and excited. Valerie watched the kids and Joy and I were off. There was an accident on the exit we needed so we were going to be late and I texted him and let him know and he said it was no problem. Once we got there I realized a problem I didn't know what he drove or really what he looks like. We figured if we saw a guy that looked like Clint then we should be safe. We walked then and we were scanning the place and Joy said "April if he is the guy in the camo hat I am going to freak out" (Clint was wearing his camo hat that day) All of a sudden camo hat guy stands up, turns around, we make eye contact and he smiles...yep camo hat guy is LC2!!!

I smiled and whispered to Joy "If he says the words git-r-done then I will start to freak out." (Git-r-done is Clint's saying) We quickly make some small talk and get ready to order our food...and I have no idea what to do...do I pay? Do I offer to half the bill? Do I pay for my own? So I just ordered mine and paid for mine, in retrospect I should've paid for his since I invited him but now I know. We all ordered and sat down and started chatting. It was pretty funny to me because Clint and Joy were the ones asking him all the questions. I was amazed how much Clint and LC2 have in common. The food comes out and LC2 and Clint split fries and so do Joy and I. While we were there I learned alot about him: his divorce, his family,what he does for a living, how much he loves his girls, he used to race cars, he loves country music, that he has a potty mouth and he is a little rough around the edges. Learning all of that about him still didn't turn me off!! We had a great lunch then we needed to hit the road so we said our goodbyes and I didn't know when I would see him again but I was hoping it would be soon. I still have no idea where he thinks we met but I think it might have been at the planning committee since he is on the sports and leisure committee. Once of these days I will figure it out. I don't know if he remembers that I am the girl online or not but it doesn't really matter since we finally got to meet. I did learn one other thing about him...he drives a F150...yes he is a truck man!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this - I remember the "non-date" and how giddy we were over it!! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that's crazy how similar they are! Lolz on camo hats!

    ReplyDelete