"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Friday, February 19, 2010

THE DATE

So figuring out a day to meet was kinda difficult since he doesn't live local to me, he lives over 3 hours away. I wanted him to come down here first so Clint and Joy could meet him and not stress over me being alone with a strange man. But time wouldn't allow that so we weren't sure what to do. He mentioned that he was going to SLC to get a truck and move some stuff for his ex's brother so I invited myself along. He said that would be fun and if time allowed we would stop by Temple Square to check out the Christmas lights!! I was so excited and nervous.

The day comes and off I go the whole 3 hour drive I am wanting to throw up and texting Jami trying to get my courage up. I finally get there and my GPS sent me to the wrong house, oops ! So I call him and he gets me straightened out so I finally get to his house. I sit in my car listening to some music trying to talk myself into getting out and I decide what the heck I drove 3 hours here I might as well go meet him. So I get out walk up the stairs to his porch and knock on the door...my stomach was in knots...I hear him trying to open the door and I am trying not to laugh. He finally gets it open and he is holding the door knob in his hand he looks at me and says "you just broke my door knob!" I just busted up laughing then I had to defend myself and tell him I never touched his door knob. (One of the things I liked about talking with RFC is that we would tease and joke back and forth.) He just smiled and let me in and all the nervousness went away, it was like seeing an old friend again I felt right at home.

We figured out that he needed a whole new door knob for his front door which we decided we would get on our way back from SLC. Before I got there he was trying to fix his dishwasher so I just sat on the floor and talked with him while he did that and then we sat and watched a movie and had so much fun together. The trip to SLC was pretty slow because we had tons of snow to deal with on the roads but we had each other to talk to so if was awesome. We got there and immediately got busy on loading things up in the truck we were taking back. There were some pretty heavy things but between the two of us we figured out how to load them up. I had a fun time listening to all the history that he knew of the SLC area. I am completely fascinated by the pioneer stories and the building of the SLC Temple and so I was excited that he could fill me in and answer questions that I had about it.

Time came and went on our trip to SLC and we had to make the trek home. It was a majorly long drive back to his place because it was snowing so heavily that traffic was actually going 25mph on the interstate. It took us about 7 hours I believe to get back to his place. But you guessed it we passed the time just talking and having fun. Sadly the time came that I had to get back to life. There was tons of snow on the road yet again and he was pretty worried about me driving home in it since I haven't grown up with all that snow. But I told him I would be ok and I went on my way.

That was the first date I had gone on with another man in 11 years and it was hard at first but it was so worth it in the end. I didn't come away feeling guilty like I expected. I came away feeling that it is ok for me to start dating and when the right guy comes along I will have Clint's blessing and he will be so very happy for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this - especially cuz I know 'the rest of the story' ...

    ReplyDelete