"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I like to move it move it

So my first official big decision as a widow was to pack up my kids and sister and move over a thousand miles away from friends and family to the land of Idaho. Yep I know what you are thinking...what was I thinking...right? Well sometimes when you get those gut feelings you just have to roll with them.

With the decision of moving made the next step was packing. Some of you might know this about me but I HATE to pack it is one of the worst things ever. I decided a long time ago that when I become rich and famous I would never pack. If I had to travel I would just take my purse and purchase everything I needed once I got to my destination and then donate it all when it was time for me to come back home. Unfortunately I am not rich and famous and I got the JOY of packing a house of 6 people. I never knew how much bubble wrap was involved in the packing process until I was seriously buying it by the truckload, I think I earned myself some stock in the bubble wrap industry. Now I am excited to unpack everything because I have learned from a friend up here that bubble wrap has some serious de-stressing capabilities...who knew!?!

Anyways so with some amazing friends and family we got the whole dang house packed right down to the wire! Before we started packing I had a stroke of genius (or so I thought) I decided to hire a moving company to move my stuff so I wouldn't have to pull a u-haul because this city girl had never pulled one before. Well it turned out that it was much more hassle than it was worth and to make a long story short (ha ha) I still had to pull a u-haul behind me...what an experience that was!!

So this adventure of packing and moving made me realized that I am NOT moving for a long time...well not after I move to my new house sometime next week! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm so glad you are writing all of this down...I wish I had written more down right after Joe died. Now it's 4 years later, and I have vague memories because of the grief cloud that hangs over you. Keep writing it down!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never pull a U-Haul! Good job!

    ReplyDelete