"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Sunday, February 14, 2010

welcome to the world of internet dating

Alrighty so I entered into the crazy world of Internet dating. I wasn't sure what I was hoping to get out of it but I did it anyways. So there are 4 pretty big reasons any LDS guy wouldn't want to marry me they are: 1. I am sealed to Clint, yeah that is a big one, so any guy who isn't already sealed will probably just keep on walking. 2. I have 4 kids...need I say more? 3. I am overweight...that shouldn't really be an issue because I have a plan to fix that and I am getting ready to start them. But in this shallow world it tends to be an issue. 4. I can't have anymore kids, so the guy without kids of his own would probably like to have some and well I can't. So knowing these reasons I was skeptical about dating again, so I signed up online.


I haven't really told anyone because everyone always talks bad about people who find their "significant other" online but my wise little sister said April it is the technology age everyone is finding people online. So I took a deep breath and I dove in. Now Internet dating reminds me alot of a line up at a police station (not that I have ever been in one). Basically you are scrolling through pictures trying to find the one that strikes your fancy. It doesn't really matter what you have been through to make you the awesome person you are today, if you aren't the right specs then you aren't worth their time. At first I was pretty annoyed by it but I have thought about it and if a guy wants me just because of the way I look then they aren't worth my time. I don't need a shallow man in my life. It just reminds me of how low our society has become because everything now a days is based on physical appearance.

Ok I will get off of my soap box!! So basically you make a profile, add a picture, pay a fee and you are off. I must say I was shocked at the number of people that are using Internet dating and we are all doing it for most of the same reasons: we don't have time and we don't know anyone. I have found quite a few men out there that have made me think...holy crap are you sure you are LDS? Then, thankfully, there have been the few that have been totally awesome and I have had a good time getting to know. I don't know if Internet dating will be my answer but I know it will be a fun adventure!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. AHHH ... SO TRUE!!! Especially the "are you sure you're LDS?" LOL!!!! I can't wait for your dating stories ... I'm pretty sure they're gonna rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my dating stories aren't nearly as exciting as yours because I have only gone out a couple of times!!

    ReplyDelete