"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hello sunshine

The day after my meltdown in November there came some light back into my life. I was on ldssingles and a profile caught my eye...he was tall, had dark hair and was handsome. But there was more to him, his profile actually made me smile and laugh. So I sent him a message and he sent one back saying if I saw him online to "give him a holler" (gotta love Idaho boys)! Well low and behold he was online and nope I didn't IM him right away. I actually sat there and argued with myself for about 20min...I am not the bravest soul...finally I decided if I didn't he was going to get offline and I was going to miss my chance. So with a big breath I typed three little words...no not THE three words...I said hi I'm April. Kinda lame I know but what do you expect I had been out of the dating game for 11 years! After I sent those words I pretty much hyperventilated and was going to die from humiliation if he didn't respond, what if he said to give him a holler just to be nice?

So some time ticked away and he responded!! I am not going to tell his name but if he reads this he knows who he is and that is how I am going to keep it I am just going to call him RFC. After he responded our conversation took off. I found out he had been at his parents and had a long day of driving with his 4 kids and was pretty tired. I though oh well this will be a short conversation. Why did I think that? Mostly because he was tired and we each had 4 kids and once he did the math he was going to hit the road. About 2 hours into our conversation we were still going and having a blast and I thought well this could be promising he hasn't made an excuse to get off. I think what I liked the most was that somewhere in our conversation we laid all of our crap out on the table. I said this is what I have been through and what you would get and he did the same and the cool thing is that we were both ok with what the other person's issues were. We decided then and there that complete honesty was in order no matter what the topic was and it was awesome!!

I suddenly realized that I was dog tired and I checked the time and it was 5am!!!! We talked for 8 hours straight! I couldn't believe it and I so didn't want to be the one to suggest going but I had to sleep because the kids would be up in 3 hours. So we decided we would talk again at 9pm that night. I thought about him all day and just smiled because I haven't had that much fun in a while. The first thing I did when I woke up was text my amazing friend Jami and I said you will not believe what I did last night!?! Time actually went fast that day and before I knew it it was time to get back online. The first thing we decided on was to get off at a decent time because he had to work the next day. Ha ha ha yeah right we didn't get done until 1am this time but at the end of the conversation he asked for my number...Yeah I know what you are thinking but yes I did give him my number.

I went to bed with happy thoughts and slept well the first thing in the morning I get a text that says good morning from an Idaho number that I didn't recognize. I couldn't believe it, it was RFC!!! Then the texting frenzy began...seriously we texted every minute of every day, this carried on for about 2 weeks then we decided 2 things: 1. We should probably not text while he is at work and 2. we needed to meet...

*this would be a long post so I am breaking it into 2)

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH!!!! I'm SO excited for this ... It kind of makes me giddy going back through this with you.

    ReplyDelete