"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Friday, February 12, 2010

Idaho sweet Idaho

About 8 years ago Clint and I lived in Idaho. We loved it here but it just wasn't working out for us to live here so we moved back to Idaho but we always told each other we would come back when it was time. Well...here I am!! So I followed the prompting to pack up my family and move over a thousand miles away from our friends, family and the only place my children have called home. Brave? I don't think so. Insane? Quite possibly. Am I going to turn around and go back? No way!

I don't know why I was supposed to move here. I told people it was so I could go to school but it feels like there is more I am supposed to experience here. Once I got here I was accepted into Boise State University but I wasn't accepted into the music program yet. I had to audition... Yes the dreaded audition. You would think if a person wanted to become a music teacher they would welcome them with open arms but I think they learned their lesson with all the tone deaf music teachers I have come across in my life time. So I scheduled an audition time and waited for that day to arrive about a month after I got here. In the meantime I got to adjust to living life in a house of 11 people. Well we all had to adjust to it especially the kids. But I am pleased to say that we have only had a couple of rough spots and we have gotten used to this pretty fast.

Joy, Clint, Valerie and I have so much fun. I am sure you can imagine what goes on in a house with 7 kids, 4 adults and 2 dogs. Wow sometimes I think we should have our own TV show...at the end of the day we all just look at each other and laugh, I am so thankful for this crazy life! I think when we first moved we kinda worried about what the neighbors must think about this 1 man and 3 women and all the kids. Then we joked about what the people at church were going to think as we all filed in...we could almost hear the Bishop saying...um we need to talk, polygamy hasn't been frowned upon for a while, so can you explain to me your situation? Knowing our Bishop he was probably thinking those words as we walked into sacrament. Now that people know our living situation we don't get as many funny looks, they might still think that we are crazy but they know that we aren't into the whole polygamy thing! :)

Anyways I am happy to be here in Idaho, the kids have adjusted well and love living here. Now once I figure out why I am here and get into a house of my own life will be heading in the right direction. Being here has helped with the loneliness but it hasn't cured it. Yeah kinda crazy that in a house of 11 people and 2 dogs I can feel lonely every once in a while. Oh did I mention that I joined an Internet dating site?

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! It made me laugh ... especially the polygamy part. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a show I would watch!

    ReplyDelete