"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How it all came to be...

Hi I am April, 27 yrs old and yep you guessed it...I am a widow. Welcome to my blog!!!! I really don't know who would want to read about my adventures in this new chapter of my life but since you are here obviously you are interested. This blog will document my adventures IE: things I have never done before, the life of me and my kids, dating (yes I did say that) and whatever else may be thrown my way. I have already had quite a few adventures since Clint passed away so I will catch up on those first before adding the new ones. But before we begin let me give you my spiel on how this all came to be...(warning: I am not the best with grammar and punctuation so please over look that!)

In 1999 the most amazing guy came into my life he was 5'11 (even though he told people 6'0) brown hair, a smile that could light up a room and the most amazing blue eyes I had ever seen. Oh and he was majorly HOT!! We met in choir on his first day of school and he always told people that he fell in love with me that day the moment he heard me sing. We of course began dating right away and it wasn't an easy road for us with parents and all but we dated for almost 2 years then we got married on Feb 16, 2001. We got married in Las Vegas, YES we got married at the Little White Wedding Chapel and NO it wasn't because I was pregnant and we had to elope or whatever crap was spread around that little town. We let our family know where we wanted to get married and invited them along, the only ones that came were his big brother Ryan and his wife Aften and the four of us had a blast!! We then got sealed in the Mesa, AZ Temple exactly one year later on our anniversary. Then came our 4 amazing children: Mathew 2002, Benjamin 2003, Nathan 2006 and Alizabeth 2008. They were the missing pieces of our life and we are truly blessed to have them. Then in March of 2008 everything changed...he got sick. He was sick for a year with what the doctors thought was ulcerative colitis so we started the treatment for that and he got worse and worse. Finally in March of 2009 he was diagnosed with Stage IV Colon Cancer...our world was brought to a halt when they said those words. But we were determined to fight this monster at all costs, so chemo treatments began the next day. Sadly after 9 chemo treatments and a major operation on Sept 25 he told me it was his time to go home. So after he talked and counseled close to 100 different people he passed away on Sept 27, 2009.

It is crazy to think that my whole life: my first love, wedding, sealing, birth of my children, an amazing life and then the death of my eternal companion would happen in 10 years...one whole decade. But that is how it was supposed to be. So now I begin new adventures while I try to guide my 4 children and occasionally my little sister Valerie through this crazy thing called life. I call them adventures because that is the nicest way, any of you who knew Clint as a baby up until he met me know that he had his fair share of "adventures". So know I get to raise his children and deal with their "adventures" on my own (thanks Clint)!! This should be an interesting ride so without any further ado...let the adventures begin!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. April - I definitely will be a follower! We miss you and pray for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you wrote! Made me want to cry though. Good luck with all your adventures and I will be visiting your blog often to see how you are doing and what your family is up to! Sure miss ya!
    Love, Christianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, April. I, too, pray for you every day. Maybe this is partly an answer to prayers. You seem to be handling things better than me and I appreciate your courage and faith. And we do want you to feel that you still belong to our family--you do, eternally, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little intro, very nice. Now I'm gonna read all your blogs and get up to date, lol.

    ReplyDelete